On Sunday 5 February the District held it's annual Golden Woggle Awards, to celebrate the achievements of our youth members aged 6 to 25 years and our adult volunteers during 2016. This year's event took place at The Playhouse Theatre in Weston-super-Mare with a range of awards for which members could be nominated, we received 108 nominations.
Over 350 people attended the awards, which were hosted by our District President, Councillor John Crockford-Hawley, Chairman of North Somerset Council and was attended by Councillor Alan Peak, The Mayor of Weston-super-Mare and Mrs Jacqueline Peak The Mayoress of Weston-super-Mare; Graham Brant, Avon Scouts County Commissioner and other members of the District Scout Council.
The winners are:
- Beaver Scout of the Year Award 2016: Callum, 3rd Weston-super-Mare (St Paul's)
- Cub Scout of the Year Award 2016: Honey, 1st Banwell
- Scout of the Year Award 2016: Joshua, 1st Weston Village
- Explorer Scout of the Year 2016: Jack, Pioneers Explorer Scouts
- Young Leader of the Year Award 2016: Harry, 1st Kewstoke
- Scout Network Member of the Year 2016: Tom, Axe Network
- Leader of the Year Award 2016: Chris & Ben, 1st North Worle
- Volunteer of the Year Award 2016: Gail, 1st Locking
- Achievement Award 2016: Alex, 1st Kewstoke
- Buddy Award 2016: Zoe, 1st Kewstoke
- Dedication to Scouting Award 2016: Ashdon, 1st North Worle
- Outstanding Newcomer Award 2016: Chris, Spartans Explorer Scouts
- Glad Elmsley Trophy: Maria, 1st Burrington & Wrington
- Beaver Haynes Award: 1st Weston Village Leadership Team
The awards were a fantastic celebration of Scouting in our local community and we'd like to congratulate all nominees, runners up and winners on their achievements during 2016.
During the awards we shared a number of videos showcasing Scouting, this is the introductory video and a great montage of photos showing what we got up to 2016:
A selection of photos from the event: