24th World Scout Jamboree, USA Summer 2019
- Want to take on the experience of a lifetime?
- Do you think you have the skills to lead and support what will probably be one of the most unique events Scouts around the world have the chance to experience?
- Happy to take on the challenge of a lot of hard work for a disproportionately fantastic amount of personal satisfaction?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to these questions and you want to know more, read on…
We’d really like to hear from you and hope that you will consider applying for a position in one of the two Avon County unit leadership teams for that will be attending the 24th World Scout Jamboree to be held in the USA in 2019.
We have 8 Leadership roles, at different levels, in 2 contingents. To help you consider what role you would like to apply for we’ve produced role descriptions and role specifications to let you know what’s involved, especially the skills and experience we need.
The interview process:
We plan to run this process in two stages.
The leader role is hugely important and the selection of the 2 leaders will take place before the main team are recruited. This will give them the chance to have a say in their team. We plan to run this part of the process at an interview and activity session following the short listing of candidates from applications submitted. We will be interviewing on Saturday June 24 2017 at 2pm at the 26th Bristol Scout HQ, Great Brockeridge, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol.
We plan to select the rest of the team on the evening of Sunday July 16 2017. The recruitment exercise will give the recruiting team a chance to see applicants working together and how you work with young people in the Explorer Scout age range.
When you apply please make sure you read and complete the application form carefully. We anticipate a large number of applications so we’ll use what you say in your form as the basis on which to make a decision about inviting you to a selection event. The event will be short and friendly – we want to find out about you and why you want to go to the Jamboree, listen to some of your experiences in and out of Scouting and to understand what you would bring to a leadership team.
In summary, our time line for applications is:
- 16 June 2017Deadline for receipt of applications
- 18 June 2017Notification to applicants whether they are invited to interview as Unit Leader and confirmation of location.
- 24 June 2017Leader selection event
- 26 June 2017 Leadership outcomes communicated
- 16 July 2017Deputy/Assistant Leader interviews
- w/c 17 July 2017Deputy/Assistant Leader outcomes communicated.
- August/September 2017 Team(s) to meet and agree YP selection event at the end of 2017.
If you have any questions please get in touch. Please note, all appointments are provisional and subject to final approval by the County Appointment team.
Please note the deadline for applications is 16 June 2017. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com, you will receive confirmation that this has been received. Please don’t leave it until the last minute, as we are unable to consider late applications. If you don’t hear from us within 48 hours of submitting your application please let me know.
Please, please apply; we want to hear from as many people as possible. Remember to read the person specification and job description carefully and consider what you will bring to the team to ensure young people in Scouting in Avon have the chance of one of the best experiences of their lives.
If you’d like to know a little more about the Jamboree, have a look at either of these web sites.
UK Contingent: http://ukcontingent.co.uk/jamboree-2019/
World Scout Jamboree USA: http://2019wsj.org/
I look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!Application Form