This module aims to give Young Leaders the essential information they need to perform their role safely. It will provide them with the skills they need to
assist another section and understand their role as a Young Leader. They will also discover how the Young Leaders’ Scheme works and how to access
further training opportunities.
By the end of this module, Young Leaders will be able to:
• explain their role as a Young Leader for the section they are supporting and how local Scouting is organised
• summarise the purpose and methods of Scouting
• explain how the Child Protection Policy applies to them as a Young Leader
• explain the importance of Policy, Organisation and Rules and access the information within it
• show that they understand how Policy, Organisation and Rules affects their actions as a Young Leader
• explain why it’s important to provide activities safely and necessary to carry out risk assessments
• understand how the Young Leaders’ Scheme works and how to access further training.