This module aims to provide you, as a Young Leaders with the skills and understanding necessary to plan and run a balanced programme for their section. It also helps you to understand how awards and badges help to achieve this.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
• Identify the key elements of the younger section programmes, including activity badges, challenge awards, requirements for completing the top awards, and staged badges.
• Explain how the awards and badges form a progressive scheme from age 6 to 25.
• Understand the concept and importance of having a balanced programme.
• Demonstrate how to plan a section meeting.
• Prepare a programme for a section meeting around a theme from the challenge areas.