Note: This module must be completed within three months of becoming a Young Leader
There is some key information every leader working with young people needs to know from an early stage in their training. Module A covers important topics to ensure the protection of YLs and the young people in their care.
This a face to face learning module and is run regularly within the District. Book a place online by looking at the upcoming Training Calendar below
This module aims to give you the essential information you’ll need to perform your YL role safely. It will provide you with the immediate skills needed to assist another section, and to understand your role. You’ll also discover how the Scheme works, and find out how to access further training opportunities.
By the end of this module, you’ll be able to:
- explain your role as a YL for the section you’re supporting
- explain how local Scouting is organised
- summarise the purpose and methods of Scouting
- explain how the Safeguarding and Safety Policies apply to you
- explain the importance of Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) and access the information within it
- show that you understand how POR affects your actions
- explain why it’s important to run activities safely and why it’s necessary to carry out risk assessments
- explain the awards that you’ll be able to work towards as an ESYL. These include Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards and Scouts top awards as well as their young leader award.
- understand how the Scheme works and how to access further training
Module 7 (Scouting For All)
7:00 pm - 9:15 pm
Elmtree Learning Partnership Unit 8, Bridgwater Court, Oldmixon Crescent, Weston-super-Mare, BS24 9AY